“Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.”
With the semester ending in a few weeks, we thought a few resources about creating accessible and visually appealing course designs would be useful. As you begin designing your courses for next term, please do not hesitate to reach out to ID and meet with an instructional designer to brainstorm ideas for your course(s). We can help with creating assignments, assessments, developing resources, layouts, or anything that has to do with teaching and learning in any mode of instruction. Finally, we kindly ask that you take a moment to complete a two-minute survey about the newsletter as it will help us design and plan the topics for next semester.
We hope you have a wonderful holiday break and a Happy New Year!
-The ID Team
CITS | Instructional Development
Creating a visually appealing and accessible design in online courses is crucial for enhancing the overall learning experience and promoting student engagement. A well-designed interface not only captures learners’ attention but also fosters a positive perception of the course, making the educational content more approachable and enjoyable. Additionally, an accessible design ensures that the course is inclusive, catering to diverse learning styles and accommodating individuals with disabilities. By incorporating clear navigation, legible text, and multimedia elements, instructors can facilitate effective communication of information, ultimately contributing to a more effective and equitable online learning environment where all students can access and comprehend course content with ease.
In this edition learn how:
- Course design can promote student engagement.
- To incorporate design methods into your course.
Our goal for you is to:
- Learn about resources to use in the course design process.
- reach out to Instructional Development for consultation. We’re happy to help!
The Slide Heard ‘Round the World
🎧 Listen to Podcast
“Bonni and Dave Stachowiak talk about how to make your PowerPoint (or other) slides more effective.”
|What are the best ways to design visually appealing and easy-to-navigate e-learning courses?
|7 Tips To Create Visually Appealing eLearning Courses
|Using Lessons From Visual Design to Make Better Materials for Students
- Need help copying course content for upcoming Winter/Spring sites?
- Did you want to combine your sections?
- Calculate final grades in myCourses Grade Center
- Register for the New Approaches to Teaching and Learning Conference
- Check out our self-paced offerings!
Instructional Development works with faculty to…
- Explore, design, and experiment with different teaching and learning modes.
- Research and integrate technologies that can enhance teaching and learning.
- Design and develop online courses and programs.
- Write learning outcomes, design assessments, craft activities, and develop content.
- Utilize best practices for using instructional technologies.
Feel free to contact us online to book an appointment!