Zoom is our campus-wide teleconference solution. It provides one-on-one chat, group meetings, and connection to the room-based systems available in conference rooms on campus.
Tips and Security Recommendations for using Zoom
Zoom is available at no charge to Students, Faculty and Staff. The appropriate software license is applied to your account automatically. Two types of licenses are available:
All UMass Dartmouth students, faculty and staff have access to basic licenses. A Basic license allows users to participate in meetings with no time limit, and host meetings with a 40-minute time limit.
Faculty and Staff
Pro licenses are available for UMass Dartmouth faculty and staff. Faculty receive Pro licenses automatically, and can use Zoom through myCourses. Just sign in above or add zoom to your course site in myCourses. A Pro-license allows users to host an unlimited number of meetings of unlimited length for up to 300 participants.
Faculty can request Pro licenses for student group leaders, if available. The course instructor should send along the request with name(s) and email address(es).
To use Zoom, a camera is recommended, and a microphone is required. Faculty Laptop Program (FLP) computers have this hardware built-in.
To install and get started with Zoom, use the instructions below. Note that Faculty Laptop Program computers and most university-owned laptops already have Zoom installed. Faculty and staff who have received an email invitation from Zoom should Activate a Zoom License instead.
To use Zoom with myCourses:
- Instructions for Zoom for myCourses
- Firefox users may need to Disable Advanced Tracking Protection in myCourses
Getting Started Videos and Tutorials
- Join a Meeting
- Schedule a Meeting
- Record a Meeting
- Share your Screen
- Host and Co-Host Meeting Controls
- Using Zoom with Outlook
Special Topic Videos and Tutorials
- Secure your Meeting with a Password
- Grant Scheduling Privileges
- Raising Hands
- Polling in Meetings
- Using Breakout Rooms
- Pre-Populate Breakout Rooms
- Using Reports to Track Attendance
- Auto Transcribe Zoom Recordings
- Zoom Cloud Recording Management
- New! Zoom Live Transcription
- Using Virtual Backgrounds for Privacy
- Adding a Profile Picture in Zoom
- Tips and Tricks for Teachers Educating on Zoom
- Moving a Zoom recording into Kaltura
Attend daily live training webinars.
Questions should be directed to IT Help form
You must be logged in to post a comment.