Create/Connect Your Account Today
What is Kahoot!
Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform that makes it easy to create, share, and play learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes. Unleash the fun in face-to-face classrooms and online courses! Kahoot! functions as an interactive technology to engage students in the learning environment through:
- Interactive synchronous and asynchronous lessons
- Interactive lectures
How it Works
Why use Kahoot?
- Introduce new topics.
- Assess prior knowledge, introduce new concepts, or preview content.
- Review content: Identify topics that need follow-up and help students practice for their tests.
- Facilitate distance learning: even when your school is out, you can use Kahoot! to connect with students and engage them in learning.
- Teach a lesson: combine quizzes with other question types in one seamless and awesome lesson.
- Reinforce knowledge: recap on topics and replay Kahoot!s to improve knowledge retention.
- Break the ice and reward: play a Kahoot! to kick off a class or use it as a fun way to wrap things up.
- Run formative assessment. use analytics from game reports to assess class learning progress.
- Collect student opinions: add poll questions to your Kahoot!s to gather learners’ opinions or check their understanding of a topic.
- Liven up your PD presentations and engage other educators by adding a Kahoot! to the mix!
- Encourage students to create their own Kahoot!s, individually or in groups, to deepen understanding and mastery.
- Boost collaboration, teamwork, and communication by playing Kahoot!s in team mode.
- Focus on accuracy: turn off the question timer and assign student-paced Kahoot!s for your class to play anywhere, anytime on a computer or app.
Kahoot! for Higher Education: Ways to Play
The use of Gamification in K12 and Higher Education has become increasingly popular to facilitate formative assessment and to promote student engagement in learning. Check out this Texas State Case Study!
Is Kahoot! Accessible?
“Kahoot! is conscious of global and commonly accepted standards for accessibility, such as the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). Kahoot!’s accessibility standards include that our products shall be perceivable, operable, and understandable. “
Read Kahoot!’s Inclusion and Accessibility Policy
Support for Kahoot!
Host a live Kahoot! via video-conferencing to connect with students studying at home or via a big screen in class. Questions and answer alternatives will be displayed on the shared screen, while students answer on their devices. Ace distance learning by assigning student-paced Kahoot!s that students can play at home. Questions and answers are displayed on players’ screens.
Some tutorials are listed below to help get you started but visit Kahoot! Ways to Play for HigherEd for more information.
Kahoot! Help and Support services are also available.
How to create your first Kahoot!
How to host a Kahoot! live over Zoom with remote participants
Consider creating a Blind Kahoot! A powerful way to teach new concepts, the “Blind Kahoot” is all about building knowledge brick by brick in a single game… but how do you even get started? IB Bio Teacher & Kahoot!’ er Steph Castle shares her (totally GENIUS) tips and tricks on the art of Blind Kahoot!’ ing.
How to play a game of Kahoot!
How to play a Kahoot! as a challenge
Websites and Blogs:
- Why we made Kahoot!
- Students’ perception of Kahoot!’s influence on teaching and learning
- A ‘KAHOOT!’ Approach: The Effectiveness of Game-Based Learning for an Advanced Placement Biology Class
- The effect of using Kahoot! for learning – A literature review
Are you ready to start Kahooting?!
You must be logged in to post a comment.