New Approaches to Teaching and Learning 2018
Date: January 19th, 2018 beginning at 8:30 a.m.
Location: Charlton College of Business Learning Pavilion & Library Living Room
Concurrent Session Times: 10:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m.
We invite proposals for faculty sessions showcasing innovative and creative teaching and learning strategies. Each 50-minute faculty session will occur concurrently during the morning portion of the conference. The goal of these sessions is to share effective teaching and learning practices so that attendees can gain concrete ideas to integrate into their own teaching.
Proposals could include, but are not limited to, any of the following topics:
- Best practices and strategies for active or “Flipped” learning
- Effective collaborative and/or Team-Based Learning techniques
- Creative assessment strategies
- Effective implementations of web-based collaboration tools
- Student multimedia projects
- Innovative use of technologies (video, lecture capture, OER, WordPress, VoiceThread, in-class polling)
- Online or Blended teaching strategies
- Project-based learning
- Building community in classes/programs
- Community-based projects or service learning
- Teaching and learning specific to STEM fields
Deadline for proposal submissions is Wednesday, October 31, 2018. Notification of acceptance will be made by November 6, 2018.
Submit your presentation proposal today!
Visit the New Approaches to Teaching and Learning Agenda for more information
New Approaches to Teaching and Learning 2018 is sponsored by the Academic Director of Online Education, Office of Faculty Development, Instructional Development, Provost’s office, and University Extension.