Technologies in use at UMass Dartmouth are usable and accessible to all learners. Read through the information below to learn more about the accessibility features of these technologies.
- myCourses is designed to be compatible with the latest versions of assistive technology including screen readers such as JAWS and VoiceOver.
- Quick Links, high contrast styles, and a common page structure ensures usability and familiarity as you navigate through the system.
- Learn more about the accessibility features built into myCourses.
- Features like hot keys, resizable panels, text size adjustments, and audible/visual notifications make Collaborate an accessible web conferencing experience for learners and instructors.
- Learn more about the accessibility features of Collaborate.
Students with can learn at their own pace viewing their recorded lectures in Echo360 assisted with accessibility features that include:
- Video player keyboard controls and closed captioning
- Jaws screen reader support
- Tab accessible page navigation
- Exam timer extensions can be applied to a student’s account to ensure that students will always have the appropriate amount of time to complete exams. Contact the Center for Access and Success with questions about arranging additional time for exams.
- iClicker Reef for web aims to meet the needs of participants with disabilities and is continually checked against WCAG 2.0 AA standards.
- Visually impaired individuals find the large buttons on our iClicker remotes easy to navigate. Braille button labels are an option available for iClicker 2 remotes by special order. iClicker 2 remotes also offer a vibrating version that provides vote confirmation through haptic feedback. Contact iClicker to order a Braille iClicker 2 or vibrating remote.
- The Kaltura video player is 508 compliant by default and is based on on W3C Accessible Rich Internet Applications (WAI-ARIA).
- Learn more about the accessibility features in Kaltura on their website.
- VoiceThread allows students to switch into “VoiceThread Universal” mode. VoiceThread Universal is an HTML version of VoiceThread that is made for full screen readers.
- Learn more about VoiceThread Universal and how to activate it for your account.