End of Semester Checklist
Exporting the Grade Center
Once you have finalized your Grade Center, you can export it as an archive for future reference.
- Open the Full Grade Center.
- Click the “Work Offline” tab and choose “Download.”
- You can leave the first option as the default “Full Grade Center.” If you would like data from only one column, choose “Selected Column” and choose the column you would like.
- Change delimiter type to Comma.
- Click Submit.
- On the next page click the “Download” button, and choose save.
- The export will now be available in your Downloads folder with a time stamped file named “gc_CourseName_fullgc_year_mo_day_hr_min_sec.csv”
- You can now view your grade center by opening this file with any spreadsheet application (such as Microsoft Excel).
Note: You can also perform this action throughout the year to keep personal back-ups of your grade center.
If you are having trouble with grade center calculations, or just want to clean up your grade center, you can find more information here.
Backing Up Your Entire Course Site
Prior to the course removal date, faculty are responsible for retaining their own copies of course material placed on the myCourses system.
Faculty are highly advised to backup their courses after each semester in order to retain a copy of the course for their records or should their service end at UMass Dartmouth. Follow the directions below to backup a course site.
- On the Control Panel of the course you would like to backup, click on the the Packages and Utilities link.
- Click Export/Archive Course.
- On the Export/Archive Course page, click the “Export Package” button.
- On the Export Course page, select “Copy links and include copies of the files outside of the course default directory”
- Click the “Select All” button, then choose “Include only the forums, with no starter posts” under the Discussion Board option.
- Press “Submit.”
- Go to your Outlook email inbox and wait for an email confirmation of your course backup being completed. This should take 2-3 minutes.
- Once you receive the email, return to the Packages & Utilities > Export/Archive Course page of the course you backed up.
- Click on the “ExportFile” that was produced to save the backup file to your computer.
Downloading Discussion Forums
- You can download and save discussion Forums for future viewing by navigating to your Discussion Board and choosing the forum you would like to download.
- Tick the checkbox next to all the threads you would like to download from that forum. To select all of them, click the Display tab and choose “Show all,” then tick the top check box to select all threads.
- Next, click the “Collect” button at the bottom of the Forum page.
- On the next page, you can view a preview of your selected threads by clicking the “Print Preview” button, you can then save the entries as a PDF document.
Download Assignment Submissions
- Open the Grade Center and then select Assignments.
- You can download and save your students assignment submissions by clicking the edit arrow or the assignment column in your grade center and then choosing “Assignment File Download.”
- On the next page you can select the students you would like to download the submissions of by ticking the checkbox beside their name. To choose all students click the “Show All” button on the lower right-hand corner of the page and then tick the top checkbox to select all available submissions.
Download Test Submissions
- You can download test submissions in the same way as you would assignment submissions. Click the edit arrow for the desired assessment column and choose “Download Results.”
- On the next screen select Comma instead of tab, and then choose your desired download format.
- Click download and save the file. You can now view the results by opening the spreadsheet file.
Hiding old courses from your myCourses Dashboard
- You can clean up your myCourses Dashboard page by hiding old inactive courses. Start by clicking the “Manage myCourses Module Settings” button.
- This will take you to a page with a list of your courses. You can hide the courses you don’t want to see by unchecking the box next to that course in the “Course name” column.
You must be logged in to post a comment.