VoiceThread takes online discussions and presentations to the next level. Instructors can pull documents, slides, graphics, videos, and audio into a “VoiceThread” where they can then record audio or video narration. A VoiceThread can be created and linked to within a myCourses site for students to watch and add audio/video comments to. Instructors can also assign audio/video comments on a VoiceThread as a graded assignment. Students can even make VoiceThread presentations of their own that can be shared with the class and submitted to the instructor for a grade.
Want to see how VoiceThread works? Click on the triangle play button below to see the tool in action.
Free Online Workshops!
VoiceThread offers live hour-long online workshops for faculty who are interested in learning more about using VoiceThread in their class. You can find a list of their upcoming workshops on their workshops page. VoiceThread also maintains an archive of previously offered online workshops on their workshop archive page.
Instructors can create VoiceThreads in the content areas of any myCourses site by selecting “UMD VoiceThread” under the “Tools” menu.
- Creating an ungraded VoiceThread presentation
- Creating a VoiceThread commenting assignment
- Creating a make-your-own VoiceThread assignment
- Creating a view-only VoiceThread assignment
- Grading student comments or presentations
- Copying Graded VoiceThreads to New myCourses Sites
- Copying Ungraded VoiceThreads to New myCourses Sites