A new, simplified version of Blackboard Collaborate is now available to faculty who use myCourses. This updated version of Blackboard Collaborate offers crisp, hi-definition audio/video and launches meetings right in your web browser without the need for updating java or installing a launcher program. The user interface has also been modernized to be more intuitive to navigate.
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is currently available by request only to any faculty member using myCourses. Beginning spring 2016, Blackboard Collaborate Ultra will be automatically enabled in all myCourses sites.
Collaborate Ultra Changes
- Each myCourses site will now have one collaborate room. Instructors can no longer create additional rooms. If your course uses more than one collaborate room, please contact Instructional Development to have additional rooms created.
- Any links to old collaborate rooms in your content areas will need to be recreated.
- Old collaborate recordings will not work in myCourses sites created for spring 2016 or later. Any old collaborate recordings that you would like to reuse should be downloaded as an mp4 then uploaded and shared from YouTube.
- Application/screen sharing is currently only available using the Google Chrome browser.
If you would like to learn more about Blackboard Collaborate Ultra, contact Instructional Development or consider attending one of our “Online Meetings in Blackboard Collaborate Ultra” workshops:
- Wednesday, October 26th – 2pm-3pm – Claire T. Carney Library room 135
- Friday, November 18th – 1pm-2pm – Claire T. Carney Library room 226